Plant Mechanics | Heavy Duty Diesel Fitters - Moolarben Mine
This position is an outstanding career opportunity for a Diesel Mechanic, preferably with a background in open-cut mining. This challenging role will provide diverse exposure to the Moolarben Coal operations and our class-leading machines such as the Liebherr R9800 Excavator and a fleet of Liebherr T 282C Dump Trucks.
About the company
Established in 1997, National Plant & Equipment specialises in the provision of heavy earthmoving equipment to the mining and civil construction sectors.
NPE has a large world-class fleet of over 350 pieces of heavy earthmoving equipment, and is known for its impeccable maintenance standards servicing some of Australia's largest miners.
We have recently been successful in obtaining a 3+ yr contract to Pre-strip a minimum of 45Mbcm of overburden using our modern state of the art ultra-class mining fleet.
About the role
Note: We require several diesel fitters.
- Permanent full-time role
- Based out of Moolarben mine site
- Preventative maintenance and availability
- Scheduled servicing and repairs
- Breakdown diagnostic support
- Strong commitment to workplace safety, continuous improvement and technical excellence
- Complete all necessary documentation correctly and on time
- Contribute towards any improvements or initiatives relating to productivity or costs
Skills & experience
- Australian recognised trade completion certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience in coal mining
- High level of technical skills on a diverse fleet of equipment.
- Experience working on various heavy earthmoving equipment
- Current Order 43 medical or the willingness to complete
- Outstanding troubleshooting / diagnostic skills
- 7 on 7 off rotating day/night roster
- Work for a 100% privately owned Australian company
- Big company experience, with a family-owned company feel
- Accommodation and meals provided