Project Manger - Mining Operations | Moolarben Mine
This position is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Project Manager, preferably with a background in open-cut mining. This leadership role will provide diverse exposure to the Moolarben Coal operations, working with class-leading machines such as the Liebherr R9800 Excavator and a fleet of Liebherr T282C Dump Trucks.
Living in the beautiful Mudgee area of NSW. Mudgee is one of the country's great wine towns, where wineries set on rolling hills serve award-winning drops and gourmet fare. Set on the banks of the pretty Cudgegong River, the town still possesses all the character of its 19th century past. Mudgee offers something for every kind of visitor.
About the company
National Mining Services (part of the National Group) was established in 2006 to provide mining and infrastructure services to our major open-cut mining clients.
National Mining Services (NMS) provides comprehensive whole of mine site solutions offering reliability, flexibility and experience.
We have recently been successful in obtaining a 3+ yr contract to Pre-strip a minimum of 45Mbcm of overburden using our modern state of the art ultra-class mining fleet.
About the role
- Full time permanent role
- Based out of Moolarben Coal site (NSW)
- Deliver project scope within the constraints of time, cost and above all else, safety
- Develop, lead, and maintain a high performing "can do" culture
- Manage a healthy, respectful relationship with our valued client
- Liaise with client and National Group management
- Deliver the promise
Skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Project Manager or SNR Superintendent with a focus on safe production
- Demonstrated experience in building safe, highly productive teams
- Site experience with Ultra-Class mining equipment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise with work teams, client and National Group management
- Commercially minded individual
- Privately owned Australian company
- High level of Autonomy
- Very flat company management structure - fast decision making
- Set up for success from the beginning, with ongoing support as needed
- Monday to Friday (5 / 2 roster) - Company vehicle included
- Attractive remuneration Package and work conditions
- Accommodation and any other options can be discussed. Our preference is for this role to reside in the Mudgee area.